Monday, June 8, 2009

Old is the new...new...

Vintage Raleigh Poster

Lately, I've been completely fascinated by all things old timey.  (Yes, old timey is a phrase now).

I love my bike more than most other things I own.  It's classic and beautiful with it's black frame (that matches everything) and adorable wicker basket (for carrying flowers and food).   My recent obsession with old bikes has got me thinking  about my personal style.

Well, not my fashion sense persay.  Moreso my home decor.   My most recent life change of the moment to focus on is the idea of moving to Chicago and attending the French Pastry School.  Selling off the majority of our belongings and buying new old furniture from Craigslist and yard sales upon arrival.  Yes, I understand that this is a fantasy completely not based in my reality, but that's why it's there.  I dare to dream of a life full of baking and kitschy home decor.

I love things that look old. That are old.  I want club chairs in tweedy fabrics and couches that have simple lines and long lasting durability.  I want to buy fun kitchen stuff that isn't practical by any means but looks great on my shelf/table/etc.  Try looking on etsy in the vintage: housewares section and not falling in love with classic pieces. Go ahead.  I dare you.

In other news, I've decided I need to do more fun things like doodling (see above) and baking (see my grocery list).  I plan on baking some cookies tonight/tomorrow and having them be tasty.  Also, my mister and I will be traveling to Chicago at the end of the week for a long weekend.  This is ridiculously exciting since I've never been there.  But scary in the sense that I don't know where to do awesome things.  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment