Sunday, June 28, 2009

Pure Bliss

Pashley

If there were a bike made specially for me, I'm almost certain it would be the Pashley Sonnet Bliss (or the pure, I'm not sure yet).

Either way, it's utterly beautiful.  I haven't seen a more perfect color combination like this before.  Cream and claret they call it.  Heaven is another good name I came up with all on my own.

The Bliss model comes with 5 speeds and the Pure is 3 speeds.  Bliss has a few extra features (like a Dynamo headlight), but overall they're pretty similar.  Brooks leather sprun saddle, Gorgeous/big wicker basket, wonderful wine colored accents (or navy if you'd prefer).

I guess I just like classic English styling on bikes.  I like them heavy and pretty.  This bike is perfect for me.  I was looking at the Flying Pigeon bikes because they're cheaper (not that I"m buying a new bike) and because they had some fun colors like green, but nothing like this.  I can't shut up about it. I can't stop staring. And drooling....

I guess I'd like a mixte too.  A lighter frame that I could use on longer treks.  A Pashley, and a mixte and that's all.... And a tandem. A Pashley, a mixte and a tandem and that's it. And my Raleigh. A Pashley, a mixte, a tandem, and my Raleigh and that's it.

6 comments:

  1. I just sold my old bike.
    I am sad, should I buy a pretty new one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, I know what you mean. It;s hard to have just one bike. I think your Raleigh and this Pashley would be too similar to keep. Personally I think your Raleigh is great the way it is - it's retro because it's old, and not trying to be something it isn't. And it's in great shape. I'd probably add a light and a decent saddle sooner or later, but it's nice as is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, honestly, I'm not in a place for a new bike now anyway. If I were to get one, I'd want this one. But that's far away.

    I love my Raleigh. If I got a new bike like this it'd only be because my Raleigh was stolen or something awful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. But not really. You should by a pretty old one. They’re more fun. Since this one is like…$1000.

    And there are really pretty old ones on Craigslist all the time. I see them everyday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see I'm not the only Pashley Bliss-obsessed girl out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's my ideal bike. I was extremely jealous that you got to test ride one!

    ReplyDelete