Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Double Rainbow



So, you alphabetize your movies.  How's that working out for you?

Personally, I like things to be visually stimulating, so I color code my films.  That's right.  I get all ROYGBIV up in this bitch.

Just look at it.  You can oooh and aaah all over the place.  I won't judge you.  Hell, I'll probably thank you for the compliment.  But enough admiration (no really, go on).

Most people I talk to have a problem with the fact that I color code my movies.  I'm not sure why, but it's a really heated argument most of the time.  "How do you find anything?" "What's wrong with you?"  And my answer is simple, I find things just fine because my collection isn't too big and there's another reason I'll get to in a minute.  And there's nothing wrong with me.  I'm awesome.

If anything, color coding makes it so that I fully appreciate the full scope of movies that I have.  Because I have to look at every single one to find something to watch.  I have to fully read every one too, just in case I'm confused. Or distracted.  Which happens more frequently than not.

But the real reason people get all huffy about my color coding?  It's the fact that I argue with them that there's a method to the madness that is movie sleeves.  See, I think I've somewhat proven that genres of films are categorized based on the sides of their dvd boxes (with exceptions of course).

Say I want to watch a comedy.  Why, look to the blues!  Or maybe a romantic comedy.  Pink it is!  Horror/suspense? Red or black! More serious dramas/indie movies? orangey reds.  I'm not crazy, the proof is in the pudding.

So don't be surprised if you come over to watch something and I say "Okay, what color are you in the mood for?"  Because, damnit.  I'm right on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment