Thursday, November 7, 2013

Hello, Sweetie!

Have you ever said a word so many times that it starts to sound like a foreign language in your head?  Like this word has been so overused that it's lost all meaning?

Well, try saying a word over and over again that's not even a real word and see how you feel after a while.

Cupcakerator.

I loved this blog.  I loved that it was a ridiculous word that I made up because it sounded like a robot who loves cupcakes. 

I did not love that most people couldn't pronounce the made up word and that I felt silly explaining myself to new readers.

It's like when you're 19 and you get a tattoo because you've thought long and hard about how deep it's meaning is to you and then people ask you what it's meaning is and you just say "Durrr I love music".  You just feel silly. (yes, I feel stupid explaining that tattoo)

Wouldn't it be nice to start over with something that involves real live words and can have multiple meanings depending on the day you're having?  I think so!

And thus, "Hello, Sweetie!" was born. 

A nice greeting. A nerdy gesture. A love of sweets.

Whatever! It's just fun! Like me!

So please, follow me to my new bloggy home.  Let me know what you would like to see more of. 

And please, let me know if you're reading this. ;)

xoxo
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment